Meet Issac, an East Bay BMW technician.
Issac has been working at East Bay BMW for 3 years and is a level 1 master technician!
Have you always lived around the Bay Area? Where did you grow up/where are from?
I was born and raised on the East Coast –New Jersey to be exact (New Jersey is where BMW NA is headquartered). I moved over to the Bay Area in 1995.
What is your education? Where did you learn the tricks of your trade?
I went to Jr. College in Columbia and then continued my education through the BMW STEP program in New Jersey. The BMW STEP program is a one year course where you learn everything BMW technical and mechanical.
When did you first discover your love for cars?
My true love is for dirt and BMX bikes, but I like cars too. I race dirt bikes in my free time.
What is your favorite BMW?
The classic1958 BMW 507. It’s almost like the predecessor to the Z8. Elvis actually had one—now that is cool!
Elvis knew how to arrive in style! What do you think makes the BMW brand so special compared to others?
The amount of thought and engineering that goes into the BMW is amazing. As a driver you can tell that BMW is passionate about making a premium driving machine.
Do you own a BMW?
Of course! I have an e39 BMW 528i sedan which is my favorite bodystyle. My fiancĂ© drives it mostly. I love that car, it’s bulletproof.
Speaking of fiancĂ©, I heard you’re getting married soon, how’s the planning been going in preparation for the big day?
Easy! (chuckles) the wedding’s going to be really small and intimate, we’re not trying to overcomplicate things.
What has been the most rewarding aspect of your job?
The paycheck! Just kidding. I love the working environment and culture that is at East Bay BMW. All my technician co-workers are easy going and the overall culture at the dealership is that of family. There’s definitely a strong camaraderie going on.
You were recently featured in East Bay BMW Channel KTVU 2 commercials that I’m sure many people have seen. What was it like being on set and on camera?
It was fun! The very next day I got recognized by a customer. They were like “Hey! I saw you on TV!” that made me smile. Plus my friends and family have seen it; I’m a star now, haha
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qhRDzDAVKDk
What kind of features would you like to see in future BMW models?
I think it would be cool to have even further integration with a home computer. Like if I wanted to look up an email or fetch a file.
What do you think makes East Bay BMW a 9-time center of excellence center?
It really reflects how hard working we are. We’re dedicated to the client, we always put them first and it shows. East Bay BMW is the only dealership in Northern California to win this prestigious award 9-times!